Some services are not covered by the NHS and a charge is payable eg:
- Pre-employment and HGV medicals
- PPP verification
- Sick notes for the first week of illness
- Prescription for medication to be taken abroad
- BUPA verification
- Other private certificates
- Vaccination certificates
A list of the fees is available at reception.
National Care Records Service
NHS Connecting for Health is currently developing the National Care Records Service, which will create a Summary Care Record (SCR) for each individual patient, to be held centrally. At this stage the record is limited to current medication, known allergies and adverse reactions. Eventually the aim is to enable healthcare staff jointly involved in your care, such as your GP and your hospital consultant, to easily access and share information through this national record.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to information being shared.
Access To Your Medical Records
From 1st April 2015 if you have online access to service this will include a link to be able to view a summary of your medical record. You will be able to see a list of any allergies, your current medications and any adverse reactions. You have the right to ask for a copy of all records about you (you may have to pay a fee in certain circumstances).
- Your request must be made in writing to the practice.
- There may be a charge to have a printed copy of the information held about you.
- We are required to respond to you within 28 days.
- You will need to give adequate information and complete a ‘Patient Authority Consent Form’ which will be given/sent to you.
If you think anything is inaccurate or incorrect, please inform the organisation holding your information.